My first 101 in 1001 officially ended on my 28th birthday, 2/11/17, and while I only got through a little over half my list, it was such a fun experiment that I decided I had to make another one! I gained so much from my first 101 in 1001 and had experiences I would never have otherwise embraced...becoming obsessed with opera and sneaking off to Mexico with Kelsie, mentoring at work and falling in love with Rent the Runway, wine-tasting my way through Napa Valley and diving into philanthropy. The last 1001 days were so much richer as a result of that list, and I'm so excited for the next 1001 to be even better!
My second list countdown officially starts today, 2/13/17, and ends, serendipitously, on 11/11/2019. With my well-documented love of 11/11, I think that timing is pretty flipping perfect. While some items are carry-overs from my first list that I just didn't want to give up on, the vast majority are all new adventures that I can't wait to have. Without further ado, here's my second 101 in 1001...let me know if you want to join me!
START DATE: February 13, 2017
END DATE: November 11, 2019
ITALICIZED: IN PROGRESS
PROGRESS: 30/101 COMPLETED!
1. Visit Southern California.
2. Visit a new state: completed June 2017!
3. Visit a new country.
4. Take a ski trip: completed December 2017!
5. See a Broadway show...on Broadway: completed 10/20/17!
6. See Mount Rushmore: completed 6/5/17!
7. Go to New York to see an opera at the Met: completed 2/17/18!
8. Take a girls' trip: completed June 2017!
9. Plan a trip to the UK for my family.
10. Go back to Mexico with Kelsie.
11. See the Ring Cycle at the San Francisco Opera: completed June 2018!
12. Visit both my siblings.
13. See a Notre Dame away game.
14. Send postcards from a vacation: completed November 2018!
15. Visit a national park: completed June 6, 2017!
16. Try kayaking.
17. Actually religiously follow the 21-Day Fix for 21 days.
18. Take a Pilates class: Completed September 2017!
19. Try out Class Pass.
20. Reach a healthy BMI.
21. Figure out a skincare regimen that makes sense.
22. Go on a day trip…on bikes.
23. Keep a gratitude journal for a season.
24. Invest in prescription sunglasses.
25. Figure out a vitamin/supplement regimen - and stick to it.
26. Take a barre class.
27. Do another Whole30.
28. Join a yoga studio: Completed September 2017!
29. Try out dry brushing for a month.
30. Hardcore clean out my wardrobe: completed October 2018!
31. Invest in the perfect navy blazer.
32. Wear lipstick every day for a week.
33. Buy a quality piece of heirloom jewelry.
34. Try a foot peel: completed 3/18/17!
35. Get a facial.
36. Find the perfect trench coat.
37. Buy a pair of rain boots.
38. Double my savings.
39. Put $20 in savings for every item completed.
40. Rehab my computer.
41. Plan an event for my board: completed Feb-March 2017!
42. Subscribe to a podcast: completed October 2017!
43. Unsubscribe from junk emails: completed 2/21/17!
44. Keep a "money diary" tracking every penny I spend for two weeks.
45. Upgrade my iPhone 5 to a newer model: completed 3/5/17!
46. Consolidate my retirement accounts.
47. Join the bone marrow registry: completed October 2017!
48. Join the Corby Society.
49. Attend a benefit.
50. Volunteer with the Page Foundation.
51. Join a Bay Area board or arts-related program.
52. Get more involved in the United Way: completed 4/5/17!
53. Donate blood.
54. Volunteer through Stanford.
55. Make sushi from scratch.
56. Try to grow an herb garden: completed summer 2017!
57. Make homemade pasta: completed 12/2/17!
58. Learn to make the perfect risotto.
59. Make macarons.
60. Invest in a really nice vacuum.
61. Figure out how to actually clean the oven, the Keurig, and the dishwasher.
62. Have a quilt made from my ND t-shirts.
63. Figure out how to fold fitted sheets: completed October 2017!
64. Have the rest of my art framed and add it to my gallery wall.
65. Learn calligraphy: completed 4/12/17!
66. Learn to tie a tie.
67. Invest in a high-quality camera.
68. Take a photography class.
69. Join the Alliance Francaise.
70. Blog every item as I complete it.
71. Make a new list after the 1001 days have passed.
72. Read "Candide" in French.
73. Have our family's piano tuned.
74. Make a list of friends' birthdays and addresses…and use it to send cards.
Just for Fun
75. Go skinny-dipping.
76. Treat myself to a spa day.
77. Go to a country concert with my dad.
78. Send a care package: completed 3/20/18!
79. Try a bourbon/whiskey tasting: completed 4/2/17!
80. Upgrade my luggage: completed November 2018!
81. Go to a concert that’s out of my comfort zone.
82. Go mini-golfing.
83. Purchase and use up personalized stationery.
84. See a comedy or improv show: completed September 2017!
85. See "Hamilton" again: completed 4/15/17!
86. See a ballet: Completed April 2018!
87. See every Oscar Best Picture Nominee for an awards season.
88. Go to Northern Spark.
89. Try 5 new restaurants in the Twin Cities: completed 5/4/17!
90. Go snow-shoeing.
91. Visit Itasca State Park.
92. Visit a new-to-me museum.
93. Join the Basilica.
94. Visit Duluth.
95. Go ice-skating.
96. Hike a Minnesota trail.
97. Take a Paisley Park tour (and have Prince pancakes for breakfast!).
98. See a concert at First Ave.
99. Go to a Vikings game.
100. Try out the Minnesota Wine Passport.
101. Visit the James J Hill House.